Skip to main content

The NCAA won’t discuss expanding the men’s and women’s basketball tournaments until after this year’s version of March Madness finishes. That’s what NCAA senior vice president of basketball Dan Gavitt told a group of reporters attending an NCAA event Thursday in Indianapolis. There has been talk for the past few months that the NCAA could expand the tournament field to 72 or 76 starting in 2027. NCAA President Charlie Baker said last year that adding teams could add value to the tournament, and he said the NCAA already has had “good conversations” with TV partners CBS and Warner Bros., whose deal runs through 2032 at the cost of around $1.1 billion a year.

 

 

sports

Leave a Reply